One of the key parts of the SJCR provision for students of all Common Rooms is the Welfare team. The job of the SJCR Welfare Team is to make sure you have all the support you need during your time at University. The Welfare team is led by the SJCR Welfare Officer (Peer Support Team) and the SJCR Welfare Officer (Events), and consists of the subsidiary SJCR Peer Support Team, the Welfare Events Team and the Representatives Committee.
We hold drop-in sessions in the Welfare Room (Cranmer A2) every evening of term from 7-8pm. There is also a drop-in with the Disability Officer every Wednesday from 2-3pm and a drop in with the LGBTAQ+ Rep every Thursday from 2-3pm. Drop-in sessions are confidential and non-judgemental, and provide you with a space where you can come and be listened to.
Additionally, we provide:
- Signposting – The members of the student support team are trained to signpost others to the support systems the University offers, whether it is for academic, financial, or personal support. We can refer you to the University Disability Service, and Counselling Service, among others.
- Supplies – Supplies such as condoms, pregnancy tests and rape alarms are provided for free. Condoms can always be collected from the Welfare Room door.
- Campaigns – The Welfare Events Team organises events to raise awareness and promote the main University awareness weeks. If you would like to coordinate an event, contact Clarissa at firstname.lastname@example.org. News about events can be found on the welfare social media pages.
- Cups of tea! And biscuits…
- Keep an eye out in your pigeon holes too! We love sending you a little pick-you-up from time to time.
To keep up to date with all the latest Welfare news, find John’s Welfare on Facebook (www.facebook.com/johns.welfare) or on Instagram (@johnscollegewelfare). You can also contact Kylie at email@example.com, or Clarissa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to meeting you so feel free to come to the Welfare room for a cup of tea & biscuits whenever you’d like to.
For College-based support, please email email@example.com. The Acting Senior Tutor for 2019/2020 is Becca Hasler, and the Acting Assistant Senior Tutor is